Thursday, March 12, 2009

sweet talking mirror.

a continuation of my presentation on Mirros by Sylvia Plath

hey youuu, you look good today.
i enjoy being with you. a lot.
you're amazing.
your hugs make me very happy.
i love that you always know exactly what to say.
dang, that felt good. can i have another hug?
i love the way you move.
have i ever told you how much you mean to me?
you totally made my day.
hey, guess what? i love you.

who doesnt like compliments?

what are mirrors for exactly? for finding your identity? for searching for who you really are? something you can throw compliments at, to make yourself feel better? to gain self confidence? i dont know, but mirrors are strange objects, with depth greater than the eyes and fingers can prove. im beginning to realize that it's really no surprise my presentation took up over an hour of class time. mirrors are complicated.

"..I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over." --- Sylvia Plath, Mirror.

No comments: