Saturday, January 31, 2009

low voter turnout.

it's like trying to force people to want to vote. you cant force people who dont want to vote, to vote. so then how do you go about solving that problem? you just dont? ive been refusing the "you just dont" answer for a long long time.. but that gets really really tiring when the other party is not being very cooperative. when people just dont want to, then who am i to make them want to? you know, it's no wonder citizens of this country believe their vote doesnt count for anything. i totally understand, regardless of the fact that im not even old enough to vote yet; or a citizen of this country for that matter. it's like, my vote doesnt matter.

you must think im very ridiculous for relating ap gov to my life, but hell it all works out (or doesnt..). you know i keep thinking that i want to just put up the white flag. i have no energy left.. no strength left.. to try to get what i want. oh white flag of surrender, why is it so hard to fly your color in my skies? why do i keep trying to show and tell someone how much i need them, when they dont need me as much as i need them... why do i keep trying to show and tell someone how much they mean to me, when i obviously dont mean as much to them.. why do i keep trying to put somebody first, when im just an option in their life? why do i try to make myself be the one, when im just one of many people in their world? how do i let go of something i cant live without? even though they would be fine without me... why do i keep holding on? it's all those wonderful little things that keep me addicted to something. it's all those wonderful little things that i keep telling myself outweighs all the pain. it's all those wonderful little things that remind me of why i wanted things to start in the first place.

oh white flag of surrender, why is it so hard to fly your color in my skies? it's because i want to see the blue in the sky. i dont want to see a canopy of white, shading the warmth of the sun.. the sun that keeps burning me to dust. the sun that then keeps giving me new life, like a seed of a plant being reborn. the sun that destroys me and makes me feel alive all at one time. and just as any one person is significantly smaller in size and importance to the sun, i feel exactly that. it's funny how much you stay true to your name.. el sol, youre truly the sun in my life. i just wish i could be something as significant to you.

No comments: