Thursday, May 7, 2009

the climb



the only version of this song i will listen to.

i can almost see it, that dream i am dreaming. but there's a voice inside my head saying, "you'll never reach it." every step i'm taking, every move i make, feels lost with no direction.. my faith is shaking. but i gotta keep trying, gotta keep my head held high. there's always gonna be another mountain, i'm always gonna wanna make it move. always gonna be a uphill battle, sometimes i'm gonna have to lose. ain't about how fast i get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side..it's the climb. the struggles i'm facing, the chances i'm taking, sometimes might knock me down..but no, i'm not breaking. i may not know it, but these are the moments that i'm gonna remember most. just gotta keep going.. and i, i got to be strong, just keep pushing on.

have you ever felt afraid of losing everything you've worked for? im just deeply afraid.. i dream of things at night that seem beyond the grasp of reality. it's kind of really.. scary. i wish i did have some sort of control over it, but this is one dream that is beyond my control. it's something that even if i dedicate my entire life to, my success is still not guaranteed. there is a high risk of disappointment, but im taking the risk. life is a gamble, and if im going to gamble, i might as well go all in.

3 comments:

christina said...

oh! i really like this song..

haha, my word verification to comment on this was "twirto" teeeehee x]

kimlypv said...

it makes me sad cause it's a really good songg, but i only like covers! haha, i heard it in subway and had to fight myself from singing along...

philophiliac said...

great song.

what is your dream ?
would you like to talk about it ? :]