Tuesday, December 15, 2009

i'm okay - tiffany evans

"I'm okay. I dont need you to define me. I'm not the girl that I used to be. Look what you did to me, look what you did. I'm okay. Nothing that you did could break me. I can be strong still on my own two feet. Look what you did to me, look what you did. Your words can't keep me down. I'll rise up off the ground."

Some memories are meant to stay memories, and nothing more than a figment of the past that fades as fast as people leave. Some of the best times of our lives are just meant to be the prologue to the chapters that actually spell out our lives. I've got years ahead of me, and why should I let someone so small bring me down, especially now that I've finally begun to find happiness in life. I wish I could stop hurting, because I don't want anything to do with it anymore.

No comments: