Friday, September 4, 2009

bittersweet?

FIVE DAY WEEKEND! HELLYEAAAH! And then the intellectual and practical side of me kicks in and says... The government is ripping me off!! I'm paying for a ridiculously increased tuition, and the government is forcing the school to close on certain days [called furlough days]? What is this madness?! Sometimes, I'm really pissed off about this. And other times, I rejoice in being able to say that I have a FIVE DAY weekend! Oh, and for those of you who are missing the connection here, my class today was canceled 'cuz of these furlough days and next Tuesday, is a campus-wide furlough day. Monday being Labor Day. Fuck the government for jipping me of my education! ....but five day weekend, here I come :D Oh, and by the way, I still absolutely love college and I feel as if it's only going to get better [: Next week is week of welcome, and I am so excited to finally be able to join all the organizations I want to. I want to be busy. Being busy makes me feel like I'm doing something with my life. Lately, I've been keeping my thoughts busy.. and let me tell you, it's been working wonderfully! Because last night took me by surprise in more ways than one. [here is where I transition into my postscript.. although PSs aren't really supposed to have transitions, are they? haha too bad!]

{PostScript} Have you ever sincerely cried tears of joy? Think about it; explore the depths of your memory... Was there ever a time you were so pleasantly surprised about something, it induced tears? Last night, for the first time in my life, I cried tears of joy. I guess I've been so busy with 'starting anew' and distracting myself that I kept my thoughts busy, a little too well. Because to be honest, I almost forgot about you. And when I looked at my phone last night, I cried tears of joy. Not to put a downer on my own story, but I hope you mean what you say. Lately I have been skeptical about your words, for often times in the past they were lacking support from your actions. But I really hope this small change I saw continues. Because if not, I think it might be too easy for me to push you to the back of my mind. And don't confuse a warning with a threat.

No comments: